Sausage Rolls Recipe For Childrens’ Party!
Dec 03, 2018 / by Admin / 0
Sausage rolls are a perfect party food for children since they are delicious and very easy to make ahead. You can keep it frozen unbaked, so whenever you are ready to serve them, pop them up in the oven, heat it and bake it and serve with sauce. These delicious dishes can be made from homemade sausage mixture wrapped in puff pastry. No fuss with assembling or garnish, just you will have to make sure that you have with you plenty of tomato sauce to enjoy the spicy homemade sausage rolls.This sausage rolls recipe is perfect for school lunches, parties, schools, picnics, or quick snacks. If you want to cook the sausage rolls all by yourself, then the following recipe is for you. However, if you think it is a daunting task, you can buy from the local food stores. At Dunsborough, you will find several food stores that sell traditionally handcrafted pastry, and you can get the homemade look, feel and the taste at half the time.Equipment
- Baking trays
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry brush
- 160g streaky and fatty bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fennel seeds toasted
- 500g beef
- 40g panko breadcrumbs
- Black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
For Baking And Services
- 1 egg, whisked lightly
- Tomato sauce
- 2 ½ sheets puff pastry, cut into halfInstructionsTo prepare
- To prepare homemade sausage rolls, first of all, heating oil in a stock fry-pan over medium heat range
- Add celery, garlic and onion and fry them for near about two minutes and afterwards add the beacon
- Cook for two minutes further, without allowing to brown, then transfer to the bowl, allow it to cool
- Add the other ingredients in another bowl and mix them all
- Now lay out a rectangle of pastry, having the long edge closest to you, brush egg along that edge
- Next get a fifth of the filling, then shape that into a log shape down the middle of the pastry, make sure that the beef stays tight and compact. Once finished, roll up, seal the edge with egg wash.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour, it will be easy to cut throughTo cook
- Heat oven up to 180C
- Then cut each log to four equal lengths, if you want two full-size sausage rolls, then cut the log into two, brush with egg
- Place them on baking trays, spray oil and baking paper over them, bake them for near about 25 to 30 minutes, until the pastries turn golden brown
- Next cool on trays, serve delicious sausage rolls at room temperature with hot sauce.